The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is now available in the Central Coast, Newcastle, Hunter, Lake Macquarie and Sydney regions in NSW for people up to 65 years of age.
Optimum Intake Dietitians are Approved Providers Under the NDIS!
Optimum Intake Dietitians can work with clients under the NDIS to improve their health, wellbeing and independence. We can work with those who are self-managed or managed through an agency. Services can be claimed under Improved Health & Wellbeing and Improved Daily Living (depending on goals).
Optimum Intake’s Accredited Practising Dietitians offer a person centred approach to the NDIS and tailor treatment to the individual’s functional needs, budget, preferences and goals including those with complex disability nutrition requirements.
Optimum Intake Dietitians offer a person-centred focus in supporting clients with cognitive, physical, sensory, neurological and intellectual limitations under the NDIS.
- Optimum Intake is a trusted provider of nutrition services for people with disabilities such as cerebral palsy, autism, down syndrome, motor neuron disease and acquired disabilities.
- Nutrition education around managing a range of health conditions like Diabetes, MND, Parkinson’s, Anaemia, low weight, obesity, poor appetite, dysphagia, IBS and food allergies and intolerance, constipation, depression, anxiety, and osteoporosis.
- Education in planning and preparing of meals, and shopping lists. Optimum Intake Dietitians offer assisted food shopping tours, internet shopping lessons, cooking and food safety lessons, create visual tools and education on meal planning. This may include education for carers.
- Practical resources and tools to assist with eating, feeding and cooking including portion tools and meal time feeding resources, shopping tours, food safe handling, enhanced recipe and meal development. This may include education for carers.
- Guidance on eating out and eating socially, including how to choose suitable foods from fast food outlets and menus. This may include education for carers.
- Assistance with managing Home Enteral Nutrition (HEN) and medical grade nutritional supplements i.e. PEG – percutaneous endoscopic gastronomy. Adherence to PEG feeding regimes, how to order feeds and consumables through NDIS and HEN, troubleshooting and education on caring for the PEG site and equipment. Education is available to carers.
- Connect with us via face-to-face sessions, in our clinics, on the phone or via Skype appointments.
Optimum Intake Dietitians will communicate effectively and clearly with you to ascertain your specific nutrition, disability and communication needs and listen to your aspirations and help you facilitate choice over your nutrition interventions. We can involve your carers, family, plan managers and support workers to create a service booking that will lead to improve your independence, build your capacity in nutrition and meet your individual goals. We will work collaboratively with other health care professionals and will form part of your multidisciplinary team to optimise your outcomes.
We offer clinic and home visit services enabling us to provide a more customised approach and understanding of your needs, while ensuring that access to our services is comfortable for you.
The initial appointment with the Dietitian will involve a thorough nutrition assessment and discussion of the Participant’s goals under their NDIS plan. Following on from this the Dietitian will devise a plan of support that will help the Participant to achieve their goals.
Optimum Intake Dietitians are familiar with the requirements and documentation needs of the NDIS and are able to communicate with Support Co-ordinator’s and planners as required. The total Dietitian hours required will be estimated on not only on your direct access to us but also what we do ‘behind the scenes’ such as the time we require for nutritional analysis, feeding calculations, establishing individual meal plans, medical reports, liaising with other health providers. All of our services and hours we dedicate to you will be recorded in our NDIS log.
Services are available to Participant’s living at home, in a group home or larger facility. Participants can choose home based services or may choose to visit one of our accessible clinics – Erina, Ourimbah, Lisarow, Wallsend.
If you would like to know more about Optimum Intake Dietitian’s NDIS Services please contact our office on 0499 008 451 or visit the Contact Page.
More About the NDIS
To find out if you can access the NDIS and/or register your interest please use the MY ACCESS CHECKER on the website: www.australia.gov.au/ndis. The NDIS will work with you to identify the supports you may need to live your life, taking into consideration your health and wellbeing, independence, involvement in community, education and employment. This will involve meeting with a planner to discuss your needs and goals and to develop a plan. Please call 1800 800 110 for more information.