Sometimes taking the trip to your dietitians office can be difficult, or simply your dietitian of choice is not located a reasonable distance from your workplace or home. Optimum Intake Dietitians are now offering another flexible and more accessible option for our clients via Skype consultations.
With Skype consultations you get to have the experience of a face-to-face consultation with your dietitian (via webcam) from the convenience of your home or office, in a place you feel comfortable to discuss your health related details.
You may be miles away from your dietitian however the consultation will be just the same as if you were sitting in the office. The ability to see the dietitian via webcam and vice versa makes communication far superior than talking on the phone or via email. It also allows us to show you diagrams from our white board, paper sheets and books or use PowerPoint slides projected directly onto your screen. You can also share information, pictures, food labels, products or equipment via your webcam to help further inform your dietitian. Your dietitian can also send you any necessary information sheets via email during the consultation for you to refer to afterwards.
What is Skype?
Skype is a software application that enables users to chat over the internet for free via a computer or laptop device. If you have a webcam you can share a video conversation with another user. For more information about Skype features check out the Skype website.
How do I book a Skype consultation?
- You will need to have Skype available and ready to use on your chosen device for the consultation session. See the Skype website and follow the instructions to download the software on your device.
- Call our office on 0499 008 451 to book your Skype appointment. We will ask for your Skype details so that your dietitian can contact you for the consultation via Skype.
- Please note that Skype unfortunately does not guarantee the security of our service, so you may choose not to discuss sensitive issues via this medium.
- We are registered with all private health funds, Medicare, NDIS and DVA. Medicare, NDIS and DVA appointments need to be face to face to attract a rebate. Some private health insurance companies may offer a rebate for Skype appointments. Please contact your health insurance company to find out if Skype sessions are covered.
- We require 24 hours notice of cancellation for all offline and online Dietitian appointments.