Nutrition consultations with an Accredited Dietitian can help establish positive eating habits and build a healthy and positive relationship towards foods. Being healthy is more than just the foods we eat, it also relies on a healthy attitude towards nutrition. An attitude that is balanced, not labelled by ‘good or bad’ or things we ‘should or shouldn’t’ eat. We explore the role of food in everyday life, looking at eating behaviours and habits that have both positive or negative impacts on health. You will be able to enjoy a variety of foods including your favourite indulgences, while achieving a healthy balance that will optimise your health and lifestyle goals.
Here at Optimum Intake we are undertaking a new approach to health, one that is sweeping through the dietitian and health platform to bring people another alternative to dieting in their quest for improved health. We want you to get away from the dieting mentality as we know that for most (95%) it doesn’t lead to an improvement in health, both physically and mentally. It is called Intuitive eating or the Non-Dieting Approach to health. We want you to feel energised after seeing us and learning about this new approach. We want you to feel satisfied with the food you choose to eat to really experience the pleasure of eating again.
At your first appointment we will discuss your options for which nutrition model you wish to pursue. To read more about your 3 options see our Nutritional Intervention for Health Agreement form.
Please contact your preferred location to make an appointment with one of our dietitian’s.
In your initial consultation, we will:
- Identify and discuss your nutrition and health goals
- Assess lifestyle behaviours
- Recall your usual food intake
- Review past and current eating habits
- Focus on your attitude towards all foods and eating patterns
- Establish key strategies that are practical, achievable and specific to your goals
- Recommendations regarding follow-up consultations
Your nutritional management is delivered to you with personal and attentive care. For this reason you will be recommended to attend follow-up consultations at a frequency determined by both you and your dietitian.
Follow-up consultations generally follow the structure of:
- Reviewing progress towards goals
- On-going practical nutrition education
- Assist with motivation and overcoming barriers
- Setting new strategies to ensure your individual goals are achieved