Changes in our world have seen a huge shift to telehealth. Optimum Intake Dietitians have adapted to this change and developed skills in telehealth to support you on your health journey. See our tips below to help optimize your telehealth experience and continue working towards your health and nutrition goals.
- Increased access and flexibility for appointment times
- Ability to see your personal environment (perhaps your kitchen, pantry and cooking facilities)
- Decreased commuting or travel times to appointments
- Ongoing support during a time of increased stress when you need it most
- Continuing to take action and work towards your goals
- Can be difficult to block out other distractions when in your home environment
- Don’t have the time for reflection and processing session on the drive home
What can you do to Optimise your telehealth experience?
- Don’t cancel your appointment
- A cancelled appointment isn’t helping you in working towards your goals
- Discuss your concerns with your dietitian
- We can adjust your appointment to best support you
- Prepare in advance by completing any paperwork or documentation ahead of your appointment
- Check your technology is working efficiently and has adequate service and reception
- Set the time aside
- Just as you would for a face-to-face appointment, prioritise your dietitian appointment over other tasks to get the most out of it.
- If you care for others, see if someone can support you for your appointment slot or set up and activity to occupy for the time.
- Take a few minutes after your appointment to process discussions and action plans
- Find a private space
- Just like our clinic rooms, we want you to be comfortable discussing a range of topics in your session
- Get comfortable
- Find a comfortable chair and clothing to help you stay relaxed throughout your consult
Optimum Intake prioritise your safety and privacy. We use secure, easy to use platforms for our telehealth consults. We continue to strive to deliver a quality service.
If you still concerned about booking a telehealth dietitian appointment, please reach out to our friendly client care coordinators to discuss on 0499 008 451